- Pour 1-part denatured alcohol (or rubbing alcohol) and 1-part water into a spray bottle or bowl. Wipe surface down with mixture.
- Apply one coat of Retique It® Light Wood as your base coat.
- Make your final strokes long and even. (Stay consistent with the direction you want the grain)
If you ordered a Brushed Finish Kit, then you can skip this step. A graining tool is not included in the Brushed Finish Kit.
The graining tool is used to get a pronounced grain.
NOTE: If you received 2 liquid wood shades in a kit, then the smaller container of liquid wood should be used as the graining coat.
With Retique It® Water-based Gel Stain
- Put on protective gloves (Optional)
- Thoroughly stir your stain.